“A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” — John C. Maxwell
None of the major movie houses wanted to fund The Passion of the Christ movie when Mel Gibson first proposed it. Why? They did not believe that it would make enough money. Instead of allowing this opposition to discourage and stop him, he forged ahead and did the no. one thing everyone in the movie world knows not to do… Mel decided to personally finance this movie. Such a gamble with your own livelihood and money must certainly be backed by a very big passion and vision…
The end result? The Passion of the Christ allegedly had more pre-ticket sales than any other movie in history and grossed $611,899,420 in worldwide ticket sales since its release, making it the highest grossing independent film (The second highest being ‘Slumdog Millionaire’).
Mel’s passion did however not stop there: the sequel to his historic movie, The Resurrection, is currently in draft phase, meaning it has not yet entered production, but is rumored to possibly release during 2021. This sequel focuses on the events that occurred 3 days between the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and His resurrection. IMDb users can add this movie to their watchlists in the meantime.
If not, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Your fear of failure is bigger that your dream. Learn to view failures as lessons to success.
- Your vision isn’t clear enough. You need to see it in your mind’s eye in order to believe it. Your mind is a very powerful tool. Don’t underestimate it.
- Others have told you that you won’t succeed. Other people, no matter how much they mean to you or care about you, will never be able to see your vision the way that you see it. The only person you need to convince is yourself.
- It has never been done before and thus your dream feels to “big” or “unrealistic”. This is where the biggest opportunity lies. Be a pioneer!
- Self-doubt. 99% of people do not give themselves enough credit. You will also find enough people who will not believe in you. Don’t let yourself down and join that crowd.
Do you want to know the good news? Every successful person in history has struggled with the same things and you can overcome it all if you want to. Passion will carry you long after the motivation runs out.