Many business owners see logo design as just another item on their list that needs to be checked off when starting a business. However, as we find ourselves in what some would call a “brand-obsessed” marketplace, logos continue to increase in importance for small and large companies alike.
- Visual ambassador, revealing your company’s vision. With more and more start-ups seeing the light daily and an increase in new products flooding the market, businesses and their products are finding it more challenging to stand out in today’s market. A business or product logo often acts as its visual ambassador, displayed on everything from business cards to company vehicles. An effective logo can reveal the vision of your business and create an expectation of what your customers can expect from you.
- Creates brand recognition. Business owners tend to have the perception that creating and producing a quality product and/or service is the best marketing strategy for their businesses. Although these factors are also important, it’s worthless when no-one knows who you are.
- The first and most important step in creating your brand image. Your logo is the genesis and the most vital part of your brand image and communication design strategy. For this reason, just like any other business decision, it must be strategically considered.
- Builds business credibility. Quality branding communicates that you are trustworthy, dependable and savvy.
- Influences future conversion rates, wow factor, etc. Over time, your business logo will increase your company’s brand awareness, build trust and build your business.
- Accompany your customers through various phases. Your logo will accompany your customers through every phase of the buying process, leaving impressions of their experience. Your logo has now become the quality stamp that has and will continue to influence perceptions, hopefully in the long-run. This will unlock positive or negative perceptions about your business.
- It’s not about how much it cost but how much it can MAKE you. Creating the perfect logo is absolutely vital for your business. Although the initial investment might seem a bit costly, it will still costs far less than having to re-brand/design your whole company in the future.
- A great logo can stand the tests of time. A small start-up once used the correct Spenserian script in the 19th century which suited its era and positioning perfectly. That same Spenserian script still serves as a mark of quality for a company valued tens of billions today: Coca-Cola.
With all of this said, simplicity can be the ultimate perfection, especially when it comes to logo design. Do not overcomplicate it.