Hiring the right candidate for your business is important no matter what kind of industry you’re in. Having quality employees will help your company grow and save money in the long-run. However, it can be a daunting task to recruit and retain top talent.
Reviewing resumes and browsing profiles are only one part of the process. Hiring managers should have strategies in place to help “weed” out candidates who aren’t a good fit, and identify the best candidates to lead the company to success. Here are 8 Great Interview Questions you might find helpful:
- Do you have written goals you want to accomplish and if so, tell me about them? You are looking for indications of maturity, focus, ability to plan and desire for achievement.
- Where would you like to see yourself in five years?
- What is one trait you look for in a manager? With this question you are attempting to gauge their expectation and ascertain their preferred management style.
- Have you ever failed at something and if so, why did you fail and what did you learn from the experience? This question lends itself to a discussion on resiliency, personal responsibility and tendencies under pressure.
- Everyone has strengths and weaknesses as employees. What are your strong points relevant to this position? This question gives them the opportunity to tell you what assets they bring to the table and how they see themselves fitting into your organization.
- What is the one thing you would improve about yourself? This question gives you an indication of his or her self- assessment capability.
- Who has been the greatest influence in your life and why?
- If you were to fail in this business, what do you think the reason would be?